Why do Mondays get such a bad rap? It’s one of my favorite days of the week! Yup, I’m that guy you hate that seems to always be in a good mood on Monday. That guy that’s singing “It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood” all through the halls. Followed by a dance party in my office listening to Earth Wind and Fire’s, “September”.
Monday is just a great day – seriously!
Want to make it yours? Keep reading!
For me Mondays are all about attitude. Often it’s not the day that’s bad (it’s technically an inanimate object – it’s neutral) so it must be something else! I think that “something else” is our attitude.
Mondays set the pace for the week. You have a clean slate for the future. Mondays create traction for the days that follow.
Mondays are just awesome for me!
Here are some ideas – not all mine, that might help you have a legendary Monday.
- Motivate yourself – Tony Robbins is the best at reminding us to motivate ourselves.
- Start with Sunday – What? That’s right start with Sunday. Spend 30 minutes on Sunday planning your week.
- Get up early – If you’re not already. Leverage the stillness of mornings to plan.
- Make it a generous day – Do something awesome on Monday for someone else. Make it a habit and you’ll look forward to Monday. If you want to be really awesome don’t stop at Monday!
- Dress for Success – i recently read about this one and it makes sense. When we look good we feel good. Try it and see if it doesn’t work for you
- Listen to September by Earth Wind and Fire!
Have a happy Monday cause it’s awesome and so are you!