I was reminded of this as I read about Cary Nieuwhof’s well known burnout described in his latest book, Didn’t See It Coming – Overcoming the 7 Greatest Challenges That No One Expects and Everyone Experiences.
He had some thoughtful insights on how to come back from burnout that I thought I’d share in random soundbite fashion.
- “Because God seems silent doesn’t mean he’s absent.”
- “I never gave myself permission to quit my faith.”
- “I just kept reading Scripture, praying, and trusting even on bad days.”
- “Lean in and lean hard. (on God) Even if you feel nothing.”
- “Eventually the feeling of intimacy returned.”
- “Just because you can’t feel God’s love doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you.”
- “So don’t give up.
Hopefully this will help you now or in the future.
Leave a comment if you’ve ever been spiritually burned out and how you made the comeback.