But what it they know something you don’t? What if they know that happiness is a choice. That, within itself doesn’t solve anything. But what if they know it’s not just about the choice but it’s the execution that matters?
For me it’s all about a morning routine. I try to do things that will set my day and mood up for success. Here is a sample of my routine…
- I begin with prayer before getting out of bed. I give that day to Christ.
- I make my bed – just a discipline thing that I teach and practice.
- I get my coffee going.
- Then I read for about an hour or so – some days a little more, others a little less.
- Then I exercise – powerlifting or running.
- Morning prayer.
- Check my calendar.
- Create a “to do” list of my day.
- Head to work.
- Try to help someone laugh at least once every day.
You may have never thought about morning routines assisting in your happiness, but I think it’s uber important. Just Google “importance of morning routines” and see what highly successful people have to say about them. You may be surprised at how many list making your bed an important part of their day.
But there are more traditional options as well. But again, in my opinion it all starts with the morning routine. But for the traditionalists that may have found themselves here…
Here are some suggestions from Psychology Today…
- Be with others who make you smile.
- Hold on to your values.
- Accept the good.
- Imagine the best.
- Do things you love.
- Find purpose.
- Listen to your heart.
- Push yourself, not others.
- Be open to change.
- Bask in the simple pleasures.
Remember, happiness is a choice, only you can control how you feel.
Share your routine, or the most important part in the comments.
Hope you have a HAPPY day!