More and more studies seem to concur that the Christian church is starting to experience a huge gap in the 25-35 age group. Some would say that if we don’t have a course correction there will be a gap that will take quite a while to make up. This age group has become affectionately known as Millennials.
- Make up 25 % of the US. population
- 53% already have children
- Almost 50% like purchases that support a cause and 37% say they’re will to pay more for it
- 46% reported 200 Facebook friends
- 2.5 times more likely to be an early adopter of technology
- 69% say they crave adventure
- Read more here
More alarming is their dropout rate when it comes to church.
- 59% who were raised in a church have dropped out
- Only 4% are bible based believers
- 96% don’t live out the teachings of the bible
So what can we do to reach this segment before it’s too late?
Faithit.com offers 12 potential reasons why this is happening ranging form:
- We’re sick of hearing about values and mission statements
- Churches with no desire to really help the poor
- Distrust and misallocation of resources
- and 9 others