Please always remember that these statistics aren’t just numbers! When we talk about inviting someone to church it’s about souls.
Statistics and research provided by Lifeway Research.
- Eighty-two percent of the unchurched are at least somewhat likely to attend church if invited – Dr. Thom Rainer, The Unchurched Next Door
- Only two percent of church members invite an unchurched person to church.
- Ninety-eight percent of church-goers never extend an invitation in a given year. – Dr. Thom Rainer, The Unchurched Next Door
- Sixty-two percent of people that have aren’t currently attending church are actually open to attending church regularly again. – Scott McConnell, Lifeway Research
- A Study including more than 15,000 adults revealed that about two-thirds are willing to receive information about a local church from a family member and 56 percent from a friend or neighbor. Phillip Nation, Lifeway Research
- From The Unchurched Next Door
- Most people come to church because of a personal invitation
- 7 out of 10 unchurched people have never been invited to church their whole lives.
- Outreach Magazine
- Perhaps one of the most underestimated reasons people return to the church is that someone simply invited them back
- Americans Open to Outreach from Churches: Lifeway Research
- A majority (66 percent) of Americans are unwilling to receive information through an Email message, and 70 percent say Email would be ineffective in getting them to visit.
It appears that the numbers indicate that the odds are in our favor. Many are open to attending church if only asked!
So, God is still depending on us to make the invitation, He will do the rest. God always works through His people and He’s depending on you to make the invitation.